NSPR 3.1.1 Release
Table of ContentsNSPR 3.1 release notes for basic information. This release notes focuses on the changes between NSPR releases 3.1 and 3.1.1.
2.1 New functions and features1. Bugsplat bug #346002: new private functions to allow polling OS file descriptors and NSPR file descriptors together.
2.2 Bug fixesThe following bugs are fixed in this release.
1. Bugsplat bug #345938: Pthreads: PR_Send, PR_SendTo, PR_Write, PR_Writev can return partial byte count.
2. Bugsplat bug #122419: a workaround for a bug in Compaq Tru64 UNIX (formerly Digital UNIX) V4.0D kernel that results in corrupted data in memory-mapped files when using the MAP_PRIVATE mapping.
3. Bugzilla bug #4736: sccsid and rcsid are optimized away by the compiler.
4. Bugzilla bug #5297: removed an extraneous printf statement in PR_GetLibraryPath.
5. Bugsplat bug #350054: in the NT implementation of SocketTransmitFile, free the PRFileDesc only if the file is successfully transmitted.
2.3 Obsolete interfaceThe asynchronous resolver library (arlib or libares) is no longer part of the NSPR distribution. NES 4.0 is the only product using that library so the ownership of that library was transferred to the NES team. Bugzilla. You will need a Bugzilla account, which can be obtained easily from the Bugzilla main page. If proprietary information cannot be avoided in a bug description, you can file the bug report in Bugsplat.
The following information is required in a bug report
- platform (Solaris 2.5.1, HP-UX 11.0, etc.)
- number of cpus in the system
- a stack trace, in the event of a crash
- reproducibility of the problem
- location of core dump, if available, along with those for the libraries and executables
cvs co -r NSPRPUB_RELEASE_3_1_1 mozilla/nsprpub
To build, do
http://warp/projects/hardcore/prj-nspr20 - nspr home page
nsprgroup - the nspr team
nspr20eng - mailing list for nspr developers
nspr20clients - mailing list for nspr clients
netscape.public.mozilla.nspr - nspr newsgroup at mozilla.org