You are here: Minimo project page > Using NetCat and Minimo CE
Using NetCat and Minimo CE
All printf calls in Minimo are replaced with calls to mozce_printf. Usually, the call is passed to OutputDebugString. Because getting OutputDebugString to work without attaching a debugger or using an expensive debugging tool wasn't working, I went looking for an alternative. I found an great solution.
Basically, the implementation network broadcasts the printf to all listeners.
How to use it
- You will want to set USE_NC_LOGGING to true here and rebuilt the mozce shunt library.
- You will need to download nc.exe. I am sure that there are other implementations that will work.
- Then do this in a CMD on your desktop:
- nc -Lup 9998
- Launch minimo ce using the newly built shunt library.
Now, in your command shell on your desktop you will see the output for all printfs.
- It will run much slower since all printfs do network IO.
- This solution works for both the emulator and the device. I have only tested this configuration when the device is connected via ActiveSynce.