Important: The RC compiler that ships with the new toolkit (CP2) does not work correctly. We have made a new resource compiler available.
Warpzilla Build Instructions Part One - Requirements (10/07/2002)
This document explains what tools are required to build Warpzilla. We have tried to be as detailed as possible with these instructions. After each item is instructions on how to install it. This document is designed for someone creating a build environment from scratch. The build environment works best when all the tools are placed on a single drive. For our examples, we will use D:.
The following packages are required for both VisualAge and GCC builds
- EMX Runtime
Unzip EMXRT.ZIP in the root directory. It will create a directory called EMX.
Add D:\EMX\DLL to your LIBPATH in CONFIG.SYS.
UPDATED for Mozilla 1.4
Unzip AUTOCONF.ZIP in the root directory. It will create a directory called AUTOCONF.
- glib AND libidl
Unzip GLIBIDL.ZIP in the root directory. It will create a directory called GLIBIDL.
- Perl 5.8.0 (bin
UPDATED for Mozilla 1.4
Unzip both zips in the root directory. It will create a directory called PERL.
In the file PERL\LIB\5.8.0\OS2\CONFIG.PM, find the "archlib" tag (line 120) and change the drive letter to point to where you have installed PERL.
Note:For the following packages, you only need to extract the files we specify from the ZIPs. We recommend putting all of the following EXEs and DLLs in one directory called MOZTOOLS.
- GNU bash 2.00.0(266)
- bash.exe - copy to gbash.exe
- GNU shell utilities
Note: You MUST use the PWD and DIRNAME from GNU shell utilities, NOT GNU bash
- GNU text utilities
- GNU file utilities
- GNU diff v2.7.1 file differencer (req. emxrt.zip)
- GNU grep/egrep/fgrep 2.0 (req. emxrt.zip)
- GNU awk v3.0.3
- gawk32.exe - copy to awk.exe
- GNU m4 v1.4
- GNU make (make-3_79_2a1-r2-bin.zip) UPDATED for Mozilla 1.4
- gettext-0_11_5-r2-bin.zip UPDATED for Mozilla 1.4
- GNU sed v4.0.5 UPDATED for Mozilla 1.4
- GNU regular expression library 0.12
- GNU find v4.1
- find.exe (Required for packaging) (Updated 10/31/2002)
- GNU Tape ARchiver (TAR)
- tar.exe (Required for packaging) (Updated 10/31/2002)
- Info-ZIP (Zip and UnZip)
The following packages are required only for the VisualAge build
- IBM C / C++ Compilers for OS/2 Verson 3.6.5 FixPak 2
- Various fixes provided to us by Toronto Unzip this file in the IBMCXXO directory. Note it will overwrite files, so you might want to backup these files first.
The following packages are required only for the GCC build
- emxfix04.zip (or more current fix level)
Unzip each of these packages in the directory above EMX. All the extracted files will go into the EMX directory. Once you have unzipped these packages, go to D:\EMX\LIBS and run OMFLIBS.CMD.
The following OS/2 utilities are required for the GCC build only
To verify that you have these utilities, check in the OS2 directory on your boot drive. If you do not have these utilities, you can install them by running OS/2 selective install and selecting "Link Object Modules" on the "Optional System Utilities" page.