You are currently viewing a snapshot of www.mozilla.org taken on April 21, 2008. Most of this content is
highly out of date (some pages haven't been updated since the project began in 1998) and exists for historical purposes only. If
there are any pages on this archive site that you think should be added back to www.mozilla.org, please file a bug.
Skip to main content
Mailnews Status 2/5/2001
- Resolved as fixed
52 bugzilla bugs.
- Jean-Francois checked in the Apple Double code. We can now send
Mac attachments correctly. He also fixed a MIME crash that has been
consistently showing up as one of the top 5 crashes for Netscape 6.
- Scott did performance work to batch starting and stopping of meteors.
He proposed a change to netwerk for creating urls for protocols mozilla
doesn't know about. This allows us to pass them to the OS when
the user tries to click on them. He rewrote the smtp and news
protocols to use AsyncWrite for posting. This will allow us to report
progress on posting or sending large messages. This work is currently
blocked on changes we need from the netwerking branch which are being worked
on. He also got rid of the extra dialog you get when opening
- Seth continued to look at delete performance. He also fixed up
a bunch of mark toolbar button bugs.
- Candice worked on adding an Edit Draft button to the message headers.
Users were confused as how to actually edit a draft they saved. This
should make it clearer. She also worked a bit on finding out
why some users are unable to collect addresses, but we still don't know how
a user can get into this situation.
- Gayatri made it so that double clicking on a filter opens it for editing.
She also made filters open to the currently selected account and added
a stop button to the Search dialog. She is currently working on making
it so that messages can be deleted and opened from the Search dialog.
- David got downloading of messages in a single imap folder for offline
use working. It's not currently hooked up to the UI. He also
got simple recording and playback of basic offline imap operations in a
single folder working. These operations include mark read, delete,
and copy. His next goal is to make these operations work for all
folders configured for offline use.
- Navin made drag and drop of folders into other folders work.
He also made it so that selecting undo after deleting a message no longer
causes the trash folder to load.
- Bhuvan worked on the new Get Messages for multiple accounts UI.
He also made the status bar appear correctly in the Account Central page.
He will start working on biff and other Account Central issues
- Kevin Higgins worked on a message compose window leak and removed an
- Brian Ryner made it so that PSM can correctly parent dialogs that come
up during an imap operation.
- John Myers added UI for SSL in the SMTP account manager panel.
- Naoki Hotta made it so that the character encoding checkmark is set
correctly for messages with non MIME headers. He also made the checkmark
work when you change the charset through the encoding menu.
- Joe Hewitt cleaned up the addressing widget.
- Hakan Waara started the work on making it so that Reply to Sender works
correctly in news messages.
- Stephen Walker added an accelerator for Edit Message as New.
- Alec Flett added a hidden pref to make it so that it optionally prompts
the user when navigating to the next folder.
- Daniel Bratell found a Free Memory Mismatch error in Purify for
us that we fixed this week.
- jag added a Text Size menu item that affects the message pane.
He also made it so that Open in New Message Window now works when the message
pane is collapsed and the message has never been loaded. This will be a
big win for standalone message window users