You are currently viewing a snapshot of www.mozilla.org taken on April 21, 2008. Most of this content is
highly out of date (some pages haven't been updated since the project began in 1998) and exists for historical purposes only. If
there are any pages on this archive site that you think should be added back to www.mozilla.org, please file a bug.
Skip to main content
Mailnews Status 2/19/01
- Resolved as fixed
- Scott created a branch to do the thread pane rewrite. See posts in
n.p.m.mozilla.mail-news for more details. David and Seth continued porting
the view code over including sorting, threading, and different views. Delete
is hooked up from the front end to the view code but changes don't show up
in the UI yet. Scott removed the old tree widget and now has the new
outliner showing the Subject, Sender, and Date columns with sorting working
for all three columns. Unread messages show up as bold. Display
message works. David Hyatt made it so that selection, cropping and
- Jean-Francois made it so that an Apple Double attachment sent by Outlook
Express or Eudora is now recognized when we receive it. He also made
it so that Send Page works again instead of sending the html as plaintext.
- Navin added Compact All Folders to the main menu and Compact Folder
to the folder context menu. He made it so that renaming a UW folder works
and so that you can delete a message only folder. He made it so that
the folder twisty doesn't disappear after compaction. He finished up
making empty trash with subfolders for local folders work.
- Candice made it so that messages sent to mailing lists don't repeat
the lists' names when displayed in the message pane headers area.
- Gayatri made it so that search results shows better status and shows
the number of hits. She worked on adding a new folder from the filters
dialog. This is not checked in yet.
- Håkan Waara made it so that descenders don't get cut off
in the Account Settings|Account Name field.
- Henrik Gemal made the error dialog that comes up when no recipients
are specified more clear. He also changed instances of "CC" to
"Cc" throughout the product.
- John Myers fixed up the SMTP/SSL preferences. He also fixed
a bug where SMTP didn't fall back to HELO if auth enabled.
- Stephen Donner mader some wording changes in the Remove Account warning
dialog. He also linkified all of the items in the Account Central page
providing better ease of localizability.