mozilla mail/news job list
What's this?This is a list of tasks which are clearly valuable, but which Netscape/AOL employees probably won't implement for Seamonkey. We'd be thrilled if some mozilla contributors wanted to pick some of these up and write them. Here are some guidelines for how this is likely to work:
- The Netscape folks will be happy to answer questions and provide developer support in our newsgroup.
- The in/out list for Seamonkey changes frequently, so we'll try to keep this page as up-to-date as possible.
- As people sign up, we can record their name and email address next to the task, so potential contributors know what's being worked on (or not, if you don't want to).
- There must be a reasonable expectation that the code works on all platforms. There aren't too many opportunities to write non-portable code in the mail/news app. If you're writing something non-portable, chances are you're doing it the wrong way. Ask for help. We'll also provide verification help on platforms you don't have to build on.
- It's not just code
- We also need to have some documentation for your feature (how it works, what its limitations are, etc.)
- We need to develop a QA plan for your feature. See the mail/news QA page to get started.
To enter a helpwanted bug for mail news, click here (and after filing the bug, go back and give it the keyword helpwanted). To search for all the mail news helpwanted bugs, click here.