jsdis the 'bookkeeping' layer of the debug system. It is exposed to C via mozilla/js/jsd/jsdebug.h.
jsdwas created to support JSDebugger 1.x and has been further enhanced since. An XPCOM wrapper for
jsdis being written.
TBD Add link to list of abilities in existing api.
- Expose 'lines with code' api.
- Expose watchpoints.
- Expose call/return hook.
- Expose Object create/destroy hook.
- Expose watchpoint iterator.
- Expose source change hook.
- Expose source as Unicode.
- Optionally insert native stack frames when building stack.
- Detect uncaught exceptions - expose via hook.
- Fill stack structures lazily.
- Recycle threadstates objects - one per thread persistently.
- Possibly merge Object and Value apis.
- Possibly add stack snapshots w/ locals and args to a given depth.
- Add built-in stepping support.
last update: John Bandhauer 16 November 1998