The purpose of this list is to gather together UI and widget requirements for
the debugger. i.e. what are the underlying UI building blocks we need in order
to build a debugger.
- Ability to create top-level windows (associated with debugger window)
- Ability to create 'child' windows. These may be floating dragable layers?
- Modal dialogs
- Resizable windows that smoothly relayout with sprints/struts-like constraints.
- Docking - perhaps use a frames system and simulate docking the content
- Dynamic tooltips (callback based to support 'instant-eval')
- Ability to use JS to implemnt widgets (using COMConnect and gfx).
- Ownerdraw areas - for when the widgets won't do.
- Fancy source view (TBD elaborate on this :)
- Fancy Inspector view - reuse for watches and locals (TBD elaborate on this :)
- Tree with columns - user control over column choice and size via header UI
- Fancy Console
last update: John Bandhauer 16 November 1998