ECMA 3 Features
- Runtime errors reported as exceptions.
- Number formatting (
- Regular Expression Enhancements.
Additional Features (SpiderMonkey and Rhino)
- Conditional function declaration. (aka Function Expression Statements) [discussion]
- Multiple catch clauses (aka catchguards.) [discussion]
Additional Features (SpiderMonkey only)
- Getters and Setters. [discussion]
- "Strict" mode with new warning messages. [discussion]
You can browse the check-in logs and bug reports over the last year, as well as the current open bug list.
cvs co mozilla/js after properly setting up CVS on your
Do you have a platform we're not running tests on? If so, run the tests on your platform and Submit the results.
Do you have an interest in writing test cases? If so, check out the test library page. It explains the format of the existing test cases, and guidelines for creating new ones. Many test cases can be pulled right from the ECMA spec.
rewrite of both the language specification and engine
implementation, with a strong mind on backward compatibility. Expect
to see Classes, Types, and other features more commonly seen in static
languages, as well as the existing dynamic features of the
has started on the
JS Engine newsgroup, and
in the ECMA TC39 meetings. It is our plan to concentrate fully on creating
complete. See Waldemar's
[ JS Home ]
Robert Ginda Last modified: Tue Mar 21 17:29:13 PST 2000