You are currently viewing a snapshot of www.mozilla.org taken on April 21, 2008. Most of this content is
highly out of date (some pages haven't been updated since the project began in 1998) and exists for historical purposes only. If
there are any pages on this archive site that you think should be added back to www.mozilla.org, please file a bug.
What's New in Mozilla 1.5 Beta
This document outlines some of the new features implemented in Mozilla 1.5 Beta,
important bugfixes and any new problems. It is by no means a comprehensive list
of new features, fixes or bugs."rough changelog"
for a more comprehensive list of fixes.
- Mozilla now includes a spellchecker for MailNews and Composer.
- Mozilla MailNews now supports the printing of the attachments list.
- ChatZilla, Mozilla's internet relay chat client, has had a major overhaul bringing many improvements.
- MailNews users can add header lines to *every* msg sent out via a certain identity.
- A common application hang with SSL-encrypted SMTP connections in MailNews was fixed.
- Unstyled XML display has been improved.
- Users can now mark message as read by date in MailNews.
- Gecko now supports setting
color for <HR>.
- A common problem collapsing the URLbar popup on Windows has been fixed.
- Mozilla's view source now displays line and column numbers in the status bar.
- Mozilla has improved performance, stability, standards support and web compatibility.
- Mozilla should no longer cause GDI problems on Windows.
These are items that have been added to the known issues
page since the last milestone although the bugs themselves may have existed previously.
- Macintosh users with older versions of Flash may experience crashing on sites that use Flash. (bug 200511
- The Linux binaries distributed by mozilla.org are now compiled with GCC
3.2. If you're using these binaries then popular plug-ins like RealPlayer,
compiled with previous versions of GCC, will not work. See bug 213234 and 158385