Mozbot: A multipurpose, extensible, modular Perl bot
Where to start
Note that if your question is "waah, it won't connect, it asks if I am sure it's a valid host" then you should please read the relevant question in the FAQ.
- Mozbot 2.4 is out! Things to look for since the last release:
- The KookBot module ("Think about the tyranny, malignant and unjust, and how it compares with truthful rational approach.").
- An XML Logging Module (see the sample output).
- A Conversion module (for converting hex to decimal, Fahrenheit to Centigrade, and so on).
- A Magic Eight Ball module.
- Mozbot now checks to see if it really joined a channel instead of blindly assuming it has.
- Added friendliness in the Infobot and Greeting modules.
/notices, for instance -- see the documentation). Download the source tarball or read the instructions for updating mozbot using CVS and have fun!
- Mozbot 2.2 is out! We recently added a Personal List Module, a Quiz Module, and some minor fixes to stop mozbot flooding the network when a tinderbox server goes down. Grab the source tarball and start chatting!
- The Infobot module made it in at last! We also got an often-requested feature implemented in the God module, namely proper IRC hostmasks, thanks to Jake.
- Lots of activity over the past few weeks, in preparation for the release of mozbot 2.2! Highlights: Stocks module, !seen, lots of bug fixes. There's lots more to come, but they need reviews.
See also mozilla.org project index.